This course provides learners to learn, develop and practice the advanced skills required for employment, career progression or university progression in the engineering sector.
It will also allow learners to build their knowledge of the principles of mathematics, science and technologies that underpin engineering.
What will I Study?
Participants will be attached to the relevant industries to do 5 days/week on the job training (OJT) and attend 7.5 hours/ week classroom learning and practical assignments.
- The course offers a broad range of practical skills supported by the underpinning knowledge gained through the Advanced Technical Diploma element of the course in the key areas of Engineering • Advanced Engineering Mathematics • Principles of Electrical & Electronic Eng. • Electronic Communication Systems • Digital Design • Principles and Operation of Electrical Machines •Analogue Design • Project Management • Engineering Project
Course Duration/Course Fees/Assessment Fees
Duration: 24 months (min.) (Part Time)
Course Fees: RM 19,200.00
Assessment Fees: RM 3000.00 (Estimated)
- STPM/UEC at least Grade B in Physics and Mathematics
- City & Guilds Diploma with at least one year Work Experience.
- MQA Accredited Engineering Diploma from Private College with CPGA at least 3.0.
- SPM with at least 5 As (Inclusive of Add. Maths, Physics and English) and above 18 years olds can be considered on a case to case basis (subject to approval form City & Guilds UK)).
For this level, Learners will be required to complete the following modules:
|9209-501||Advanced Engineering Mathematics||Dated entry written exam||Mandatory /Compulsory unit|
|9209-502||Principles of Electrical & Electronic Engineering||Dated entry written exam||Mandatory /Compulsory unit|
|9209-505||Instrumentation and Control Systems||Dated entry written exam||Optional unit|
|9209-504||Project Management||Assignment (Course Work)||Optional unit|
|9209-506||Electronic Communication Systems||Dated entry written exam||Optional unit|
|9209-507||Digital Design||Dated entry written exam||Optional unit|
|9209-509||Principles and Operation of Electrical Machines||Dated entry written exam||Optional unit|
|9209-510||Analogue Design||Dated entry written exam||Optional unit|
|9209-600||Advanced Skills Enhancement Program||Practical Assignments (course work)||Optional unit|
How will I be taught?
The Centre will supply all tools & equipment in the practical training areas but under Health & Safety it is mandatory to take safety precaution. Learners are required to follow strictly on the safety instruction in the lab when performing practical activities. Learners are required to submit the tutorials, course work/assignment given by lecturers on time. You will also require writing equipment, scientific calculator, A4 lined paper & a large ring binder for a ‘Portfolio’. All students are required to keep & maintain a Portfolio containing ALL evidence of achieving competence.
How will I be assessed?
Assignments: externally set by City & Guilds, internally marked by center, externally verified. Dated entry written exam paper.
One (1) year (top up) degree (B.Eng (Hons) at UK University.